Monday, February 13, 2012

Love (PRAYER) is in the Air

Love is in the air <3

I remember -- this week 13 years ago -- jaman2 masi smp - how I was so excited welcoming valentine's day! Seminggu sblm valentine's day, dah ngestok cukup banyak coklat -- and after vday, lebih full lagi di kulkas (got plenty, yay!!) --

and this year, me and 2 other girlfriends (one is married, one is getting married this year) are having a dinner on vday!! WAIT!! We aren't celebrating vday! we are celebrating my friend's bday on vday! Her bday was actually early of Feb, we are having it tomorrow - because WE KINDA FORGOT TOMORROW IS VALENTINE'S DAY!
I was like, "seriously? kita dah kayak jomblooo neh!" but, yeah, we are having dinner anyway tmrw, walaupun our resto was fully booked already (ya iyalah, duh! valentine, lyn!)

For me personally, tho ~ it's not that I don't celebrate vday -- tapi karena my beloved man nun jauh dsana ... Well, at least, I was thinking - at least I would give him a valentine gift (psstt..! don't tell him!!! I haven't told him yet!) -- tapi sejujurnya, ini membuatku berpikir "duh belum merit aja dah ga semangat rayain vday -- gmana the rest of our marriage life niiiih?" ----- gimana coba ga semangat kasi gifts? at least, chocolate!!!
-- walaupun fyi, my love language (and his love language) is quality time and words (so - buat kami, harusnya aman2 saja -- haha) tapi tetep!!! let's give some gifts, don't u think?

Talking about gifts...
Barusan aku baca devotional .. "Prayer Can Change a Marriage"
intinya begini .. sering kali kita ngomong "well, i guess the only thing left to do is pray" or mungkin bahasa gaulnya =
"hmmm, kayanya JALAN TERAKIR HANYA BERDOA deh!"

Are u familiar with this sentence, dear?
OH! I do say it a lot!! shame on me!

Is there something wrong with this sentence, dear?
YES!! BIG WRONG! kenapa berdoa adalah jalan terakir? PRAYING SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING WE DO! Berdoa harus menjadi jalan pertama - yang kita tempuh ..

and for me, aku jadi terpikir -- kalo PRAYER IS actually THE BEST GIFT WE COULD GIVE!
again, ironically kita sering banget bilang ... "gue CUMA bisa doain lu!"
Doa bukan CUMA! Doa is super cool ~~!!
God’s answers to prayer healed the sick, fed the hungry, stopped the rain, kept the earth from revolving on its axis for an hour, divided the Red Sea, poured forth water from a rock, opened wombs, confused enemies, opened jail doors, made leprous skin brand new, caused the lame to dance, gave courage to the fearful, and raised the dead. Jesus said, “if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you,” (Matthew 17:20 NIV).

So, my friends.. I am not saying that -- horaaayyy - mulai skrg, ga perlu kasi gifts apa2 ke our beloved ones -- cukup doa cukup doa! murah!!! Kalo itu alasannya, again it's a BIG WRONG!

Tapi mari -- on this vday, let us see this way .. pray more for someone you love!! and jadikan doa sebagai hadiah terindah yg kita bisa constantly give to them dalam segala kondisi (bahkan ketika kita sedang geram! the good news is, it’s hard to stay mad at someone when you’re praying for him or her) ..

Mari kita tidak hanya sekedar sibuk celebrate hari kasih sayang dengan romantic dinner atopun great gifts, tapi mari terlebih sibuk merayakan dengan berdoa 'tuk orang2 terkasih :)


--------------------------------------

To my beloved man,

Selamat hari kasih sayang!! Selamat hari aku sayang kamu, kamu sayang aku - dan kita sayang orang lain!!!

Walaupun this vday we're not together (like last year) and I haven't given you any gifts .. I thank God for a very beautiful reminder, that I am to pray for you! It's a beautiful gift that I commit to give it to you 'til the rest of my life. I love you!!

Sambil aku persiapkan my vday gift to you .. look forward to it, plis! ;p

*ini doa contekan, tapi I think ini nyontek yg bagus :$

----

Lord, I pray for my man, from head to toe:

  • His Head –That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)
  • His Mind - That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
  • His Eyes –That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)
  • His Ears - That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)
  • His Mouth – That his words will be pleasing to You. (Psalm 19:14)
  • His Neck –That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)
  • His Heart-That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5, Proverbs 3:5)
  • His Arms-That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)
  • His Hands-That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)
  • His feet – That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)
And help me, Lord, to be a woman of love and prayer. Amen!
-----------------------------------------

Happy Valentine's Day all!! Prayer is in the air <3

3 comments:

  1. cihuyyy so sweet dengan doa, bakal nyampe secepat kilat cicii :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. huaahh aku jg ga pernah sadar loh kalimat yg ini..
    "hmmm, kayanya JALAN TERAKIR HANYA BERDOA deh!"

    kayanya saking klisyenya aku sering ngomong tanpa sadar gitu, dan betul bangettt harusnya berdoa itu selalu jadi jalan yg pertama..
    thanks for reminding cc, i never realise hal2 kecil begini ahaha

    ReplyDelete