Friday, April 8, 2011

God did meet my emotional needs

I always knew that God is everything I need. Including, meeting my emotional needs. But there was time when I was tempted to doubt – not that He could meet my needs or not, but was His time perfect?


We, girls, really know – how annoying and uncontrollable our emotions are sometimes! (Seriously, guys, we are much more frustrated than you are to understand "what’s going on with this emotion!". ‘Coz most of the time, we are clueless too.) When this crazy emotion took a lead, at least for me, my impatient spirit followed! I wanted to get over with this, right here – right now! I didn’t want to wait ‘til I clearly heard Him saying things. I demanded, "Lord, please take care of this emotion, I don’t like it. I don’t like crying for no reasons. Please, now! I don’t want to be seen as an annoying woman – being upset for nothing. NOW, please!"


In "Every Woman’s Battle", Shannon Ethridge wrote:

"The secret to ultimate emotional satisfaction is to pursue a mad, passionate love relationship with the One who made our hearts, the One who purifies our hearts, and the One who strengthens our hearts against worldly temptations. The secret is to focus your heart on your First Love.

God longs for you to be that consumed with Him. He wants your thought to turn to Him throughout the good and the bad days. He wants you to watch for Him expectantly, so that you sense Him beckoning you into His presences. He aches for you to call out to Him and listen for His loving reply."


I was on my good day when I read it, and I said joyfully, "Amen, Jesus, You are my First Love!! Thank You for satisfying my emotion ultimately." :D :D


But, fellas, there are good days, there are bad ones too. There are times when your emotions are rational – and seem to be under control. There are times when you have no idea what’s going in your mind, your heart and even your stomach! * I got stomachache easily when I am too emotional *


Several days ago, I was on my bad one >.<

It took several days to figure out "what did make me feel so bad?". I wanted Him to take care of my feelings right away, 'coz really I hated that!

I was getting frustrated and felt so helpless, and said to myself, "I am just far from being a mature woman, see?"

I started to ask, "You are able, right Lord, to handle this, and why don't You do anything? What's wrong with me?" - and I just got more frustrated >.<

* jadi inget lagunya Project Pop "Komplikasi (cape deh!)" - cocok banget "aku komplikasi - akunya frustasi - pala mumet2 - hati empet2" CAPE DEH!! *


Then I decided to fully surrender to Him - no longer trying to figure out by myself.

I asked Him, "Dear God, please do something! Ok, I am no longer insisting You to take care of me right here right now. Instead, I want to be silent and hear what You say. I want to hear You what next step I should take, and I want to follow You."

November 18th, 2010


And, believe me or not – He really did! He satisfied my soul and emotions too. He did guide me step by step in order to get over with my crazy emotions. Such as "read this book!", "hang out with your 'soon to be married' sister!", "go to sleep" and many more. And it was this morning; He concluded the series of His creative 'dealing with Eyn’s emotion' works.

He spoke clearly through devotion I read today - things that has been bugging my mind these days - He did answer my questions - things that I was clueless about!! and, I am finally could say, "AHA! So, that was the problem!"


He didn't satisfy my emotions immediately, no no.. 'coz He wanted me to learn through every process I went through 'til my emotion's satisfied and my question's answered. And He wanted me to see how creative He was, He amazed me!

"God is so patient as we learn to trust Him in the big and little things in life. And it's in our relationship with Him that we find the purpose, direction and meaning we're looking for." -Proverbs 31 Ministries Devotional-


Dear girlfriends, I didn't write to you what my problem was - and what His answer was! Nor, what did I emotionally feel about and why!

But, what I wanted to share with You is that He is truly able to satisfy our emotion needs at His perfect time. Test Him and try Him on this!


No comments:

Post a Comment