Thursday, July 22, 2010

good gifts from Him

July 3rd 2010

1.Matthew 8:1 “Lord, if You are willing You can heal me and make me clean.”
2.Matthew 8:13 “Because you believed, it has happened.”
3.Matthew 8:26 Jesus responded, “Why are you so afraid? You have so little faith!”
4.Matthew 9:2 Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the **** man, “Be encouraged, my child! Your sins are forgiven!”
5.Matthew 9:18 “My daughter has just died, but You can bring her back to life again if You just come and lay Your hand on her.”
6.Matthew 9:22 “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.”
7.Matthew 9:29 “Because of your faith, it will happen.”
These verses really attracted me this morning.
They are all talking about faith! Guess whom Jesus spoke to…!
(well, you can look at the bible too though! or keep reading this.. haha!)

First, it was a Leprosy showed his faith. He believed that if it’s Jesus’ will, Jesus could do whatever, all he needed to do was to ask.

Second, a roman officer. I like him even more. He knew his position, though he was an officer who control over 100 soldiers (compare to Jesus who was a carpenter, a teacher!), a Roman (compare to Jesus who was a Jew!), he knew that he was unworthy to have Jesus came into his home (v8). His faith encouraged him to believe that without Jesus coming and seeing his servant, only by His word, the servant would be healed!

Let us skip the third, coz that is the only “negative” faith, yeah?

Fourth, a paralyzed man with his friends. They took an extra effort to compete with the crowd, and brought his friend ‘a paralyzed man’ on his mat. They knew Jesus was worth to seek. They knew Jesus would notice them even they were drown by the crowd. What he got? Even better!! Not only physical health, but spiritual health that comes only from Jesus’ healing touch.

Fifth, a leader of synagogue. Another man who swallowed his pride, a leader of synagogue (we know people the synagogue were “threatened” by Jesus’ popularity and tried to find his mistakes *yeah, they never did lah, Jesus was SINLESS*) came and knelt before Jesus. He knew Jesus could!

Sixth, a bleeding woman. She had suffered for 12 years, and that day bleeding women were unworthy (I really don’t get it why!!). She was untouchable (still don’t get it, why!!!), had not been able to lead a normal life. But she had faith, “If I can just touch his robe. I will be healed.”(9:21). She knew Jesus was compassionate and merciful, that she was allowed to touch. She knew after she met Jesus, her life would be changed and restored, and back to normal.

Seventh, two blind men. They shouted and begged for mercy (I imagined they never saw Jesus *duh, they were blind*, but they heard about Jesus, and the only they could do was shouting), “Son of David, have mercy on us” (9:27). They did the best and only thing they could do.

And here we are, the only negative faith….! And we all know…
Yes, the disciples! The closest people to Jesus who followed Jesus wherever He went and PERFORMED miracles. The very first people heard Jesus’ teachings.

I might say, “I am not getting it ‘why the disciples didn’t have faith.’!!!!!”, but I chose not to, because the closest example that showed my faith was the disciples’ faith. I read Bible *in fact, I enjoy reading it more than ever*. I love Jesus. I know Jesus loves me. I feel that, not only knowing it.

I’ve seen Jesus’ miracles in many people’s lives. I’ve seen how people changed after Jesus came into their lives *for me, it’s a miracle because only Jesus is able to change people’s lives*. I’ve seen His blessings unto others.
And more surprisingly and obviously, I experienced them all!!!!!!!
I experienced how my life was changed after I met Him *oh, my tears started to fall, really can’t imagine living my life without Him anymore*.
I experienced His provisions. I truly experienced Philippians 4:19, He has supplied all my needs from His glorious riches.
He answered my prayers, even gave more than I ever asked.
I experienced His guidance.
I may not a rich girl, but have I ever starved? No! Have I ever slept roofless? No! Have I ever not having clothes to wear? NEVER!! *in fact, I keep giving away my clothes to others*!
I may not come from a perfect family, but have I ever felt abandoned? *oh well, maybe from my own father, I have* But dear friends, I truly experienced what God has said, “I will never fail you, I will never abandon you.” I am truly blessed!!!!!

Yet, like the disciples, storms came into my life, problems visited, there were moments when I was out of nowhere with “nothing to eat”, I was terrified by “enemies who keep chasing me”. They distracted my focus, my eyes and my faith that were supposed to be kept on Him only. I forgot what He did in the past, and started to worry about my future. *sinful nature yeah? :$*

But my dear Lord…ooh, how He loves me! How He is faithful to me!

Let me share to you what He’s been telling me recent days:
John 14:14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name and –I will do it.
John 14:23 All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.
John 15:7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted.
Isaiah 62:6b Take no rest, all who pray to the Lord.
Isaiah 62:1 Give the Lord no rest until He completes His work.
He reminded me to keep praying, asking Him, and abiding in Him!! Praying and praying!!
For what?? For whatever!!!!!!

Are you in burdens? PRAY faithfully for He is a burden taker.
Are you worried about your future? PRAY faithfully for He holds our future.
Are you having requests that you want so badly to be fulfilled? PRAY faithfully for He knows our needs, and He has prepared much more beautiful ones that we can ever imagine.
Are you broken hearted? PRAY with faith that He makes everything beautiful in its time.
Are you lonely? PRAY faithfully and know that we are never alone; He always stands by our sides.

To Jesus, to the same Man who healed the leprosy, the blind, the mute, the bleeding woman, the paralyzed. Who raised the dead!!! ‘ coz He is able. For nothing is impossible for Him.

I might add, as the leprosy did a little effort – to ask Him- , the blind – to shout -, the bleeding woman – to touch Jesus’ robe-, the paralyzed – to ask for his friends -, Jairus – to come and knelt before Him - , we need to go before Him, we need to meditate on His words, spend time with Him, maybe to share with accountable friends too and then we’ll know what to do, we’ll know His heart’s desire. *oh, how blessed we are to be able to go to Him wherever, whenever!! Imagine the examples above, how they struggled to meet Jesus!*

Yet, we tend to get disappointed if our prayers weren’t “answered” by Him, then not praying at all *ooh, congratulations to add more problems into our lives!*, but the truth is it’s not that He didn’t answer our prayers – He knew better than what we asked! Most of time, it was us who forgot to seek His will, to know His heart. I do >.<

This morning, after I read this verse: “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for”. I stopped and didn’t continue reading the next verse.
I prayed to Him: The thing is, if I abide in You, what I seek and ask is Your will. Lord, You know what I want, I want to know Your will. Teach me to put my hopes in You, because I know what you have prepared for me is much more beautiful than what I can ask for.
He answered, So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him.
Joyfully, I said, AMIN~!!!

Because of Your promise and according to Your will, You have done all these great things and have made them known to Your servant. How great You are, o Sovereign Lord! There is none like You. We have never even heard of another God like You. 2 Samuel 7:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment