Tuesday, January 12, 2010

sweet reminder

(from my fb notes, Sep 18th 2009)

It's a sweet reminder for me today and l want to share it with all of you.
God reminded me today how precious I am in His eyes, and how He wants to use my life to reflect His glory which has been my desire for all these years.

That was God's purpose to create us to bring back the glory for Him.
I took it from a book : " God's aim, therefore, was that man would so act that he mirror forth God, who has ultimate dominion. Man is given the exalted status of image bearer not so he would become arrogant and autonomous (as he tried to do in the fall), but so he would reflect the glory of his Maker whose image he bears. God's purpose in creation, therefore, was to fill the earth with his own glory. "

So, how is it to acknowledge God's glory on a daily basis?
My tendency is to view God as mainly Someone who helps, comforts, and guides, which He does, but my worship and adoration of Him is sporadic and shallow in comparison to who He really is. In our busy time each day, sometimes we forget to worship Him.. Or maybe we even forgot that we are called and saved to worship Him.. I sometimes did!
We sometimes forget that a vital part of our relationship with God was to acknowledge and worship His majestic glory.

I am glad that He is very faithful, as I've cried these days wanting to please Him with my life, He reminded me that the simple thing He always wants from me is just to worship Him.

So, if we've been so busy with our daily things. Let's take a bit of time to remember what God's main purpose in our lives : to glorify and worship Him.
(For all of you in Indonesia, yaaay..we got at least a week holiday).

"Because whatever you do, eating or drinking or anything else, everything should be done to bring glory to God."
1 Corinthians 10:31.

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope–the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. " Titus 2:11-14

God bless you, my beloved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment