Wednesday, June 15, 2011

If You Fall in Love with The Priest

Alrighty, girls :D :D
Here's one of my favorite chapters of Preparing to be a Help Meet. Chapter 4: The Priest.
The chapter has so much red ink on it .. haha~! and I think, most of you girls will love this too -- or lebih tepatnya, most girls will fall in love with this kind of guy, the Steady Man :)
In fact, God created more men in this "image", the most steady and easygoing of the three types, not given to extremes. (so, tenang, stok-nya banyak..haha!)


The more I read about this man, the more I fall in love, the more I know that it is a lot to take to be his wife. Though among the three, this man will rarely push, pressure, force, or hurry you (yeeaah!) - He won't tell you what to do and serve him, like a Kingly man - nor will he want you to do what he is doing, like a Visionary man. He will simply want you to walk beside him, yet grow in your own right before God and man! (told you! haha, fall in love already with this guy?)

You are not gonna be alone, wifey - 'coz your husband will be liked by everyone! And seems to just let people use him. He is always ready to help people, he loves to serve. He belongs to people.

Now, you know what I am going to tell you ---
Here's the thing, girls~! God created us to be a help meet, means that we will need to learn to conform to our man.
If you are blessed with this man, one thing you need to do is to as active helping others as your husband is. Be ready to have a full of people in your house (yiiiiihaaaaa.. :D :D so learn now to make a lovely home!)

- and our steady man, he will really take his time to make up his mind! For we, who are impatient, it's not easy :$ so learn, to listen - to stand still, seek to always have a gentle spirit.
Yes, it's really true that he will appreciate your initiative. But, always have in mind, he is the leader. Don't be critical. Nor be controlling! He just wants peace, to be left alone to do his daily routine and enjoy the company of people who are not all fired up or critical.

Here's one thing I want to share (from me, not from the book). I am truly blessed with a 100% steady man :D (that's why I kept telling you, how much I am in love with this guy) ..haha- I am naturally impatient, I've been leaders in almost every organizations I involved, I take decision pretty quick. So, you know, it's not without struggle I need to wait for him. Kalo hal-nya cuma masalah kecil, I would ask ..."what do you think about this?" and I wait.
Kalo masalah besar, and I really know it's not my part to ask, I pray! and pray! Aku selalu bilang gini ke Tuhan .. "Lord, hal ini really bother me, tapi I know it's not my part to take the initiative. It's his part. Kalo memang Engkau bilang, 'sudah saatnya' biar Tuhan yg bicara, and he will tell me."
And believe me, girls! God works! at the perfect time! His time! not my time - nor his time. And u know what, waktu Tuhan ga pernah terlambat -- selalu paaaaaaaaas :D en pada saat-nya, ketika kita SUKSES wait and stand still, you will see the beauty of your relationship, that you know God is in it! You will love him more, 'coz you know it's His will for you to love him :)
(but you know, I am still learning - and I sometimes fail too, that's why I need Him, God who loves him more than I do) One verse that He kept telling me, Psalm 46:10 "be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act!" again, I would tell you => you will love how God works on His perfect time :D

The Priest kind a guy would love you to use your natural skills, abilities and drives. Your achievements will be an honor to him, but if you are lazy or slothful will greatly discourage him. A Priestly Man really values a resourceful, hardworking woman who shows dignity and honor. And be sufficient in all the tasks of daily living.
So, girls, start today learning to be creative and useful :D Don't eat the bread of idleness (oh, one of my faves P31) If you are busy and productive now, than you will be too after you got married.
'coz at the end of the day, he will weigh his accomplishment with yours - and will rejoice in the value of having a worthy partner in the grace of life.

His vision is as a man seeing life just as it is. Not focus on eternal picture - nor looking too details.

This Priest will most want to please his wife. So, be thankful :)

Oh, one more important thing too!!!!! He will not waste money nor take reckless chances. So, be wise on spending money, girls... (ooops)

Here's tambahan from a friend of mine who is married to a Priest:

Some women equate their husband’s wise caution and lack of open passion as being unspiritual. His lack of spontaneity and open boldness may look like indifference to spiritual things. However, he is like deep, deep water. The very depth makes the movement almost imperceptible, but it is, nevertheless, very strong.

Your husband will not talk much about spirituality - not like a Visionary man. Bukan karena dia tidak bicara hal rohani, juga tidak mengomentari hal2 rohani, tidak memimpin di depan (leading praise and worship, sharing etc) means he is not a Godly man. He is a man of action! Dia melakukan pelayanan yg tidak diliat orang. And dia melakukannya dengan setia.
So, kita harus me'luruskan pandangan kita terhadap Godly man itu. Accept him for who he is, for the man after God's heart who loves him on his own way, who is loyal to his family and his God.

So, dear girls, whether you are married to a Priest - or you are still preparing, let's use our time now to use our gifts to serve others, to be productive, and to learn to have a gentle spirit :)


6 comments:

  1. Accept him for who he is, for the man after God's heart who loves him on his own way, who is loyal to his family and his God.-LIKE THIS d^^b

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam kenal, erlyn... woooww, pas banget, I'm now praying about Mr. Command Man (can you imagine?? ugh!) And just like you, He asks me to be still... but it's sooo not me!!! Hiks... but it's a good chance to learn, to be like Ruth: sit back, relax and wait :) Thanks for sharing. Reading post about this nook in your blog is like an answer of prayer, and now I'm waiting for amazon bring this book to my house hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam kenal juga Mekar :)

    Huah, keep praying ya!!
    Aku selalu percaya, Tuhan akan memberi extra kekuatan tuk menjadi "penolong" bagi calon kita.

    Ada hal bagus yg ditulis di buku ini,
    Being a really good help meet requires:
    1. a heart to do God's will
    2. a basic understanding of God's requirements as revealed in his Word.
    3. wisdom.

    Sama2 berjuang dan berdoa ya :) hihi, tar kalo buku-nya udah datang, cerita2 ya!
    Tuhan berkati! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. cicii keren euy! haha. i know why you love this type the most, because ur boyfriend is priest isnt it? ;p aku suka yg king.. aku tungguu yg kingggg yahhh. *penasaran :) cici ada twitter ga? aku mo follow donkk

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ya ci abis baca ini aku jadi wonder,, mungkin ga sih karakter cowonya itu mixed? jadi misalnya 50percent KING, 50percent PRIEST. bisa ga kaya gt? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ani :D haha, yes, my boyfriend is 100% a Priest <3
    Hihi, cici ada account twitter - tapi sama sekali ga aktif nih ... erlynk - but, really, need to work on my twitter. :$

    Karakter sangat mungkin mixed, tapi ga mungkin in balance. So, 50-50 is akan sangat susah terjadi, mgkn hanya 80-20, or 70-30. Karena karakter mereka sangat kuat, and we should be thankful for that. Beda dengan kita, cewe, yg dipanggil to adapt.
    I will share about this on my next writing... ;)
    From the book : I have never known a man that is a balance of all three. Sometimes a man is mostly one with a little of another, but never balanced. What I am saying is that it is not realistic to expect any man to be perfectly balanced. We must appreciate them as they are.

    ReplyDelete