Sunday, July 18, 2010

a couple with superb examples

May 25th 2010

For several times I read Ruth, my eyes and heart always focused on Ruth’s characters. I always admire her. Talk about obedience, faithfulness and SUBMISSION (women’s calling)!
“Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people. And your God will be my God. “ Ruth 1:16. It’s been always a “woow” and powerful verse for me. Yeah, a perfect submission, that I keep learning and preparing myself, if there is really one day God wants me to submit to someone He’s prepared!

One of my fave books, Lady in Waiting, talked about Ruth the whole book! Ruth gave me an example, of how Godly woman should be. How a single Godly woman should be. To wait patiently for His perfect time, and to use this waiting “privilege” time to serve Him with no ‘disturbance’. Ruth was kind, a woman of integrity, caring, hardworking, diligent, noble, well known as a good woman and so on. *girls, I highly recommend you to read this book*

I am not gonna talk about Ruth much, ‘coz this time… Boaz attracted me .
From the beginning of chapter 2, I could imagine what a wise, humble, gentle and honorable Boaz was! *the fact that ‘he was a wealthy and influential man’ wasn’t the one that attracted me though.*
*you may read Ruth, it’s worth to read, only 4 chapters ;p*

His blessing to Ruth (v.12), somehow touched my heart: “May the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.” *my second main love language is ‘words of affirmation’, so sincere words mean a lot to me!*
Ruth replied, “You have comforted me by speaking so kindly to me.” v.13
I was like, “Yes, Ruth! Me too! It would comfort me too if someone said those kind words to me.”

This appealing conversation really made me admiring him even more :$ and led me to read further about Boaz.

BOAZ
Heroes are easier to admire than to define. They are seldom conscious of their moments of heroism, and others may not recognize their acts as heroic. Heroes simply do the right thing at the right time, whether or not they realize the impact their action will have. Perhaps the one quality they share is a tendency to think of others before they think of themselves.

Boaz was a hero.
In his dealings with other people, he was always sensitive to their needs. His words to his employees, relatives, and others were colored with kindness. He offered help openly, not grudgingly. When he discovered who Ruth was, he took several steps to help her because she had been faithful to his relative Naomi. When Naomi advised Ruth to request his protection, he was ready to marry her if the legal complications could be worked out.

Boaz not only did what was right, he was did it right away. Of course he could not foresee all that his actions would accomplish. He could not have known that the child he would have by Ruth would be an ancestor of both David and Jesus. He only met the challenge of taking the right action in the situation facing him.

We are faced with this challenge in our daily choices. We are often more concerned with making the easy choice than with making the right one. Yet more often than not, the right choice is clear. Ask God to give you a special awareness in your choices today as well as renewed commitment to make the right ones.

This is what I like about reading the Scriptures. I might read the same part so many times, but I always find something new. And this time, I found my other example, Boaz.

May this wonderful and heroic couple bless and teach you all, as they have done to me :D

Source: Life Application Study Bible-New Living Translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment