Sunday, July 18, 2010

i know You'll be standing by my side

- Journey - by Corrinne May

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong

I know I will falter
I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through

Cause It's a long long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on calvary
Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you
To you

Lord, there were moments in my life when I felt terribly exhausted, I doubted Your promises and was impatient, I turned to people, and got disappointed. I felt like hiding from everything.
And I know, it's still a long journey, 'til I don't need to feel those things again.
But Lord, as You were always by my side in every single details in my life, I do believe that You will always be. You have been my only strength and refuge, and I know You will be there with me to fight the battle that make me stronger. I will never be alone.
Though everything seems so blurry, I can only take one step at a time, sometimes it seems that I take a risk, I know that I can count on You never to lead me astray. I have confident facing tomorrows with You.
Draw me close to You, dear Father, 'coz with You is where I long to be. My heart is steadfast, Lord. Amen.

You have chosen the roughest road, but it goes straight to the hilltops. –John Buchan-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcDDxaCiAGs&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment