Thursday, July 15, 2010

dealing with impatience

I used to get angry and irritated easily when :
- things don't go as I plan (when it should be finished, and how!)
- others keep doing the same mistakes I've been telling them not to do (at least in front of me >.<)
- people are late.

Now..I "think" I've done much better dealing with those stuffs.. At least..I need more time and more irritating things to get me mad.. *fiiiuuuh*

But...when it comes to wait for something.. Uuuuhhh...I am sooo impatient..
I always want an answer immediately! Messages' reply..and so on.
Also..with prayers. I am not a fan of His "wait, Eyn" answers >.<
Though I know..there is a time for everything, and I truly believe there is a time to wait too.
Though I keep reading and memorizing Psalm 37:7a "be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait for Him patiently to act."
I am still impatient.
It is not that I want to be impatient.
I just can't handle the feeling.
I pray that I can be patient! (And I am impatient too to be more patient. Haha).
And the truth is I am so unhappy about it.

I really long to be able to enjoy waiting for Him fulfilling His promises and answering my prayers.
I want to wait patiently for His time.

But how?

This morning..as I enjoyed my quite time with Him, read His love letter (and of course forgot for a while how impatient I was...) He gently spoke to me from the devotional I read :

" If we could but lower our estimation of the importance of our time, our plans and our feelings, we would find ourselves almost automatically more patient.
Patience is a positive trait. It is the ability to bear affliction, delay and interruption with calmness, perseverance and confidence in the goodness of God (Colossinas 1:11-12). It is inward peace as well as outward control. It is the submission of our schedules, our viewpoints, our dreams to the greater plan of God, with the conviction that He has a good reason for every delay he allows to come our way."


There you are,
I realized that..I've always wanted things to be done according to my time. >.<
Yup, that's what I need to do: to submit and leave all of my schedules and dreams to His perfect plans.. And..I'll take "wait, Eyn" for an answer, if it's the best for me. Sure..it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment